Who is the Next BIG Thing? YOU ARE!
What business is the Next BIG Thing? YOURS IS!
An Event to inspire Business, Innovation and Growth
Join the Walton Area Chamber of Commerce for The Next BIG Thing on August 27, 2019 at Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort. At this event over 250 attendees will come together for a fun day of networking, professional development and inspiration.
The event will showcase dynamic speakers, addressing topics beneficial to empowering women professionally and personally, emerging and existing entrepreneurs and leadership development. Attendees will have the opportunity to hear two national keynote speakers and attend four TED Talk-style breakout sessions. New this year, David Balmer will be facilitating a special Customer Service Workshop, titled “Making First Impressions: Customer Service for the Frontline,” will be taking place at Slick Lips Seafood and Oyster House located in the Village of Baytowne Wharf.
The symposium will conclude with a cocktail hour reception and exhibitor showcase sponsored by the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association for guests to network with one another and shop among local businesses.
Innovate! Generate! Accelerate!
~Inspiring Yourself and Others to New Heights of Innovation and Creative Problem Solving
In business today, we cannot rely on past successes to keep us going. We must be continually thinking ahead, and in different and more creative ways. In this session, attendees learn how to inspire individuals, teams (and themselves, if necessary!) to new heights of productivity by challenging old assumptions and shifting perspectives. This presentation gives people the 5 essential tools they need to break out of their comfortable little boxes and be exponentially more creative. Interactive, fun and revealing!
Morning Keynote: Michael LeSure
The afternoon keynote session will feature South Walton local and Bravo reality television star, Michael LeSure. He and his ex-girlfriend turned business partner, Nina Klemm, are featured on Bravo’s new docu-series “Flipping Exes,” which follows the pair around Carmel, Indiana as they renovate and sell high-end properties. Aside from the show, LeSure is originally from Indiana, but was a frequent visitor to the Emerald Coast and permanently moved to the area in February 2019. After years of working in finance, LeSure is now forming a construction company that specializes in renovating properties in Indianapolis and along 30A and Panama City. LeSure will discuss his path as an entrepreneur, his road to becoming an author, his life as a professional body builder, and now his focus on helping those in need effected by Hurricane Michael.
Leadership Track Speakers
- Dr. Lori Whatley: "Effects of digital device usage on businesses and how to overcome them."
- Ryan Giles: Solving Your Peoples Issues – How to hire, fire, lead, and manage ( 82% of small and medium businesses complain that people issues are either their #1 or #2 problem)
- Melva Tate: "Leading Like a Rockstar (Top Strategies for Leadership Development & Success)"
- Kerry Flowers: "The Leadership Formula"
- Ashley Smith: "When Shear Strength isn't Enough"
- Melva Tate: "Hey Lady - What Color Is Your Cape?"
- Amy Meyer: Journaling Workshops- How to stop paralysis by analysis in the workplace using tools from Day By Day creative guide // goal setting and action steps. The first 50 people will receive a journal.
- Matthew Zimmerman: "Young Entrepreneur Story: Breaking the Barriers, Creating the Culture We Want and Making Millions."
- Entrepreneur Panel: Hear four local entrepreneurs stories that include their successes and failures.
- Jimmy Burgess: "Know, Like, Trust...The 3-step success formula for any business"
- Ryan Giles- Strategic Planning and Goal Setting with EOS (The Entrepreneurial Operating System®)