Ocean Reef Vacation Rentals & Real Estate is a dominant force in the vacation rental industry and has pioneered many globally adopted practices over the last forty years. Today, we proceed to push the envelope through innovation, creativity, and passion. That’s where you come in.
We are actively seeking an experienced Director of Housekeeping (5+ years) to help grow, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation for our Housekeeping and Laundry department. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of vacation rentals, cleaning products, and techniques. An individual that is a self-starter, detail-oriented, and a good manager will excel in this role. We believe that our properties need to be cleaned to the highest standard. We are looking for the right individual to help lead the charge and continue bringing our cleaning efficiency and quality to even higher levels. Giving our guests a great first impression of our properties is paramount. It all starts with the people; that’s why it’s so important for you to apply.
As an Ocean Reef team member, you will enjoy working in a fast-paced, positive environment. We are looking for dedicated individuals who have integrity, are not afraid of hard work, are open to learning new things, and truly enjoy being in the hospitality business.
Responsibilities & Essential Duties:
- Responsible for the successful performance of all aspects of the Housekeeping Department.
- Lead and coach the Housekeeping Team in providing exceptional guest service, colleague satisfaction, and profitability.
- Lead and coach the Laundry Team in providing elevated standards, processes, and efficiency.
- Ongoing professional development, growth, and job satisfaction through the department.
- Ensure effective staff planning, selection, training, and development strategies are in place.
- Oversee, hire, retain and manage a team of efficient and high-quality subcontracted housekeepers.
- Support your team with escalated guest and homeowner concerns by responding to emails, calls, and work orders.
- Be familiar with the operation of all laundry equipment and work closely with the Laundry Supervisor to create a preventative maintenance schedule. Ensure safety training is conducted on a regular basis with laundry staff and that all safety regulations are upheld.
- Be constantly alert for newer methods, techniques, equipment, and materials that will improve the departments’ overall operation and provide more efficient operation at reduced costs.
- Partner and assist with other departments when new units join the program.
- Manage and guide the team with inspection assignments and correlated training.
- Search for industry trends, and implement enhancements to products and services.
- Track and address all guest comments and concerns.
- Plan, organize, and implement all cleaning & job cycle projects for all vacation rental units.
- Ensure the necessary resources, functional tools & equipment, including linens & supplies, are readily available.
- Execute monthly financial obligations from self-created forecast and budget for Housekeeping. Expenses and productivity that are accurate and on target. Executive weekly payroll for subcontractors.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual Housekeeping budget.
- Prepare and execute departmental and divisional capital plans.
- Develop and maintain a close and effective working relationship with all supporting departments.
- Contributor in developing the company-wide strategic goals and plans.
- Ensure a safe work environment is maintained at all times and that all team members are committed to working safely.
- Be knowledgeable of current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations as well as facility and department’s policies and procedure manuals.
- Previously demonstrated leadership skills supporting an environment of growth and development, interdepartmental teamwork, and exceptional customer service.
- Five years of previous vacation rental housekeeping management experience is preferred, including at least two years as a department head.
- Must be a creative and effective leader and team player, possessing a high degree of professionalism, energy, and determination.
- Strong administration and organizational skills are required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Results-oriented with the ability to adapt to a continually evolving workforce’s challenges while remaining flexible and working under pressure.
- Technical computer skills are required on all forms of hardware – laptops, tablets, and mobile devices.
- Professional in all forms of communications such as email, phone calls, video calls, and texts.
- Ability to work well under pressure in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions
- Speaking both English & Spanish proficiently is a plus.
- 401(k) Dental insurance
- Employee discount Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance